Today, the Asia-Pacific Legal Innovation and Technology Association (ALITA) launched the ALITA SOLIA Awards 2021, the Asia-Pacific’s first set of community-based legal innovation and technology awards. Powered by industry stalwarts such as Linklaters, the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC), Clifford Chance, the Singapore Academy of Law and Prophet.ru, the finals of the Awards will be held on 24 September 2021 – the closing day of TechLaw.Fest 2021.
The Awards comprises 6 categories under 2 broad sections, known as the ALITA Main Awards and the People’s Choice Awards. The 6 categories are as follows:
- Legal Tech Entrant of 2021 Award – New start-up (must be a company) that has potential to scale and significantly transform the legal landscape in the future or adopt innovative / breakthrough technologies.
- Legal Transformation Project Award – Project of innovation or technology adoption, with success already seen or to be expected in the future (despite failures faced).
- Tech-cess to Justice Award – Community / grassroots initiative that has helped increase access to justice through technology or innovative means.
People’s Choice Awards:
- Sans-Silo Award – Project that has demonstrated exemplary willingness to collaborate across silos and between stakeholders to effect change.
- Legal Tech x COVID-19 Award – Project inspired by, or to deal with, issues arising from COVID-19.
- Legal Tech Wildcard Award – Any new or on-going legal tech project that is eye-catching, wacky, surprising, or simply out-of-this-world.
Interested nominees may sign up for more than one category.
Adopting an innovative hybrid selection format that maximises stakeholder participation, candidates (nominated or self-submitted) will be put through a public voting round. The top two voted projects under the ALITA Main Awards categories will proceed to a final judging round at TechLaw.Fest 2021, which will be judged by a judging panel comprising top minds in the legal innovation and technology industry. For the People’s Choice categories, the top voted project for each category will be directly given a presentation slot at TechLaw.Fest 2021.
“One of ALITA’s paramount objectives is to recognise and highlight exemplary role models for legal technology in the Asia-Pacific, as well as raise the stature of the region’s legal innovation and technology industry. We believe that the ALITA AOLIA Awards, which will be high-quality, ethical, inclusive, community-based, and tied to the long-term growth of the legal technology industry, will be emblematic of the Asia-Pacific’s legal innovation and technology industry, and be a hallmark of the industry for years to come.”Josh Lee Kok Thong, Chairperson, ALITA Steering Committee
Interested nominees involved in a project or company that might fall under any of these categories above may register using this registration form. More information on the application, voting and selection processes can be found in the Awards Informational Factsheet, or by visiting ALITA or the TechLaw.Fest 2021 page.
10 August 2021
Press contacts and other links
ALITA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALITA Secretariat Email: email@example.com
ALITA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/alitasoliaawards/
ALITA LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/alita-legal/
ALITA is a regional legal technology association uniting the Asia-Pacific with a single purpose: to drive collaboration in legal innovation and technology in the region. With a membership base of 200 member organizations including top global law firms, legal technology companies, in-house departments of leading companies, research institutions, public institutions and civic society groups, ALITA is young but increasingly prominent rallying force for the Asia-Pacific legal technology industry. ALITA’s mission is three-fold:
- To promote the development and use of legal technology, as well as to advance thought leadership in the field of legal technology, in APAC;
- To support local legal technology associations by providing guidance and expertise in the creation and operation of local legal technology associations;
- To enhance connections and collaboration between governments, law firms, technology companies and communities, and in so doing, generate opportunities and build a future-ready, innovative, and technologically-advanced APAC legal industry.
ALITA’s signature initiatives thus far include its State of Legal Innovation in the Asia-Pacific (SOLIA) Reports, its first-in-Asia Legal Innovation Strategy Toolkit, and its first-in-the-world Legal Technology Observatory. To learn more, please visit https://alita.legal.